There are many great things to do on digital tools these days – many of which can involve the internet. It is important to understand how to stay safe online and what to do if you come across something unfamiliar or you don’t like. There is a big focus on E-Safety across the whole of Studfall to ensure all children feel safe online. Through a range of media children are able to access information relating to e-safety. This can also be carried out at home! There are a lot of resources for children and parents – see links below.
- Think U Know for 5 to 7 year olds – This website is there to help you go on the internet in a safe way. It explains who to talk to if you are worried through a range of fun, engaging cartoons and provides quality resources.
- Think U Know for 8 to 10 year olds – for KS2 children this website shows you what is good and bad and explains ways you can get yourself out of a bad situation.
- Kids Smart – This website explains SMART rules on how to stay safe on the Internet through a range of different media and allows children to access an activity zone with some great resources including a story about a Duck!
- CBBC Stay Safe: Advice on Internet Safety – includes interactive clips from Tracy Beaker, a Newsround Special and Dongle’s Guide to be SMART.
Parents and Carers
Using the internet can make learning fun, fast and easy so where possible children do access the internet. It is important that they are still staying safe at home. The following sites offer parental help and guidance to keeping you and your child safe online:
- Think U Know – Parents and Carers – created by the Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre (CEOP).
- BBC Webwise online safety course – this site gives advice on not only keeping your child safe, but also gives tips on what adults should be doing for themselves too.
- GOV.UK Internet Safety – offers a lot of advice on social networking, cyber bullying, the downloading of unknown files and online line gaming. It also provides general information about keeping children safe online.
- Please see attached link for GAT policies.