Mission, Vision and Ethos
“Nurture – Believe – Discover – Achieve’
EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED!
Our vision for Studfall Infant and Nursery Academy reflects a passionate commitment to learning and recognition of the uniqueness of individual learners. It is driven by our desire to offer the best possible education for our children in partnership with parents, carers and the local community.
In order to achieve this vision we will:
- include all children into the school community
- promote an ethos within school, which provides a happy and supportive environment for all
- aim for high standards of academic achievement
- create a positive learning environment in which good behaviour is rewarded
- offer a wide and enjoyable curriculum, which develops awareness of health issues, well-being and cultural differences
- take account of the diversity of learning styles
- celebrate achievement in any area and at any level
- share good practice amongst ourselves and with others
- keep abreast of current trends in education and adopt those which will be of value to the children we work with
- support parents in a variety of ways to enable them to help their own children
- work closely with our colleagues at Studfall Junior Academy to enable a positive transition for pupils and offer a supportive resource for the community
- work closely with other professionals to meet the needs of the individual child
- offer extended facilities to provide a range of support on the academysite
Values are fundamental expressions of what we think and believe. As a school we encourage the children to think about personal and social values, to become aware of and involved in the life and concerns of their community and society, and so develop their capacity to be active and effective future citizens.
AT STUDFALL, OUR CORE VALUES ARE:
We value friendship as fundamental to the development and fulfilment of ourselves and others, and the good of the community.
Develop self-respect and respect for others. Promote inclusion and appreciate the diversity of people’s backgrounds and circumstances.
Take responsibility for the way we lead our lives, how we use our talents, rights and opportunities.
Maintain a ‘can do’ attitude and aspire to achieve your goals.
Show care and concern and exercise goodwill towards others.
TO HAVE FUN
To demonstrate that learning is fun, for school to be a place that you want to be!
DYNAMIC AND INNOVATIVE
Deliver a dynamic and innovative curriculum that challenges, excites and inspires children to achieve their best.
ACCOUNTABLE AT ALL LEVELS
Promote collective responsibility for raised standards and improved outcomes for children by ensuring that everyone understands their role in contributing to the success of the academy.
Create an inclusive learning culture where children and others within the academy community are challenged in their thinking, strive for continuous improvement and are committed to life-long learning.
Help children develop an understanding of citizenship and empower them to make valuable contributions locally and globally. Engage with the school and wider community to enrich and enhance children’s achievement and personal development.
CARING AND SUPPORTIVE
Create a happy, caring and supportive environment, through a strong partnership between our families, the community and the academy. Ensure the safety of every child and promote opportunities to adopt a healthy and active lifestyle.
Treat children and others fairly, equitably and with dignity and respect, to maintain an inclusive culture.
WELL ORGANISED AND SYSTEMATIC
Establish good communication links, embed consistently applied policies and practices that ensure effective day-to-day running of the academy.